The Ultimate Guide to Applying Makeup in the Right Order!
At CTW Beauty, we all know the feeling of staring into our makeup drawers, wondering what to use first and how to layer everything together. We’ve been there—so no judgement here! But don’t stress—we’re here with all the answers.
We put together this nifty guide so that you can look your, we know a thing or two about our makeup routines. From figuring out the perfect lash curl to mastering that cut crease technique, it’s no secret that we take our beauty game seriously! But if you want your makeup look to be on point every time, there’s one key element you need to get right—and that’s the order in which you apply your products.
Here’s our ultimate guide to nailing the perfect order of makeup application:
1. Start with a clean canvas: We can’t stress this enough, having a fresh and clean face is essential for any beauty look! So make sure to start with a good cleanser and moisturizer routine.
2. Primer: A face primer will help create the perfect base for your makeup, while also making sure it stays on longer! We love using primers with light-reflecting particles that can instantly make your complexion look brighter and smoother.
3. Foundation: Whether you prefer a liquid or powder foundation, make sure to pick the right shade for your skin tone and blend it into your skin using a damp beauty blender.
4. Concealer: Now is the time to conceal any blemishes or dark circles with a creamy concealer. Apply it only where needed and be sure to blend it out properly with a brush.
5. Setting powder: To make sure your makeup stays put all day long, use a setting powder to lock it all in place! Make sure to use a fluffy brush and sweep the product across your face in an even layer.
6. Eyeshadow: Whether you choose to go for a dramatic smoky eye or a more subtle everyday look, your eyeshadow is the perfect way to add some color and definition to your eyes. Start by applying an eyeshadow primer followed by your desired shades.
7. Eyeliner: This step can totally make or break your eye makeup look! Be sure to carefully line both the upper and lower lash lines for a more dramatic look.
8. Mascara: After carefully curling your lashes, use your favorite mascara to enhance their length and volume. Make sure to wiggle the wand at the root of your lashes in order to coat them evenly.
9. Blush & Highlighter: To add some color and life to your cheeks, use a cream blush and then add some shimmer with a highlighter.
10. Lipstick: To finish off your look, pick out your favorite lipstick shade! If you’re going for a matte look, make sure to use a lip liner beforehand.
And there you have it—the perfect order of makeup application! Follow these simple steps and you’ll be sure to have the perfect makeup look every time. Now go out there and slay, girl!
So, what are you waiting for? Get your beauty on and show us how it’s done! At CTW Beauty, we know that sometimes all it takes is the right order of application to get your look just right. Now go out there and show us what you’ve got!