Hi! Carol here from CTW! It’s time to give your winter skin a little extra tender loving care! One of my favorite winter activities is to make and try different face masks. I’m excited to share this DIY mask made with simple ingredients you can find in your kitchen. For this DIY face mask the main ingredient is a ripe banana. This banana face mask left my skin feeling nice and soft!
Face masks are a great addition to any daily moisturizer. I love applying CTW's night cream right after. I wake up to my skin feeling supple and moisturized.
Depending on your goals for your skin, you can also add the following extra kitchen ingredients to this banana mask. As always do not try if you have allergies to any of the ingredients, and you may consider doing a patch test before applying to make sure you don’t have any sensitivities.
I like to start by adding just a little at a time, then the next time I do the mask I add a little more until desired affect.
- For dry skin add a little bit of honey
- To help lighten scars add a little lemon
- To replenish moisture add some mashed avocado
- To help reduce dark spots and acne add some turmeric
Once you have the desired ingredients, follow these steps:
- Start by cutting up a ripe banana then mash in a bowl with a metal spoon. Once mashed stir in your desired extra ingredients. Add water a little bit at a time while stirring until desired consistency. I prefer it to be somewhat thick.
- No one wants chunks of banana in their hair, so pull hair back away from face.
- You need to apply to clean, dry skin in a nice even layer.
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
- Pat the skin dry and follow up with our day or night cream!
Here is what our fans have to say:
I love CTW's day and night cream! After years of spending so much money on expensive creams that really did not work and putting artificial stuff on my face it is so nice to put something natural. It has made the skin on my face less blotchy and silky smooth! My family and friends tell me my face looks so healthy and glowing!