How to keep your makeup looking fresh throughout the day
Are you a woman of a certain age who wants to look fresh and fabulous all day long? Good news: keeping your makeup in check is easier than ever before! Here are our top tips for looking amazing no matter what life throws your way.
1. Invest in primer. An essential step that many people overlook, primer will help keep your makeup looking smooth, even and long-lasting. Apply primer before foundation to help give your makeup a flawless finish.
2. Choose the right foundation. Its important to choose a foundation that matches your skin type and tone—using a formula designed specifically for mature skin can really make a difference in how natural and long-lasting your look is.
3. Set with powder. To help your makeup last all day, set it with a light dusting of translucent powder to seal everything in place. If you’re prone to oiliness, use a mattifying powder to keep your skin looking matte and gorgeous.
4. Reach for waterproof products. Waterproof eyeliner, mascara and brow products are a must if you want your makeup to last all day. Plus, they’ll ensure that any tears or sweat won’t cause smudging!
5. Don't forget the blush! A brightening pop of color on cheeks can instantly perk up your look. Opt for a buildable formula so you can layer it up to look natural and dewy.
6. Reapply as needed. Lastly, don’t be afraid to touch up your makeup throughout the day—it can make all the difference in keeping your look fresh and beautiful! Keep a couple of products handy (like lipstick or brow pencil) for easy and quick touch ups on the go.
Following these simple tips will help keep you looking your best all day long, no matter what life throws your way! Good luck and have fun!