How to create a pumpkin spice lip color by using your summer lipsticks
Hi everyone! Carol here from Color The World. I want to talk to you guys about one of my favorite things to do with our lipsticks. And that is layering and building lipsticks to create a custom color - just for you!
With makeup, you can create a custom color by layering, building and blending your favorite shades. And the unique thing about our lipsticks is they are buildable. Meaning you can make shades darker by adding coats, or you can even blend two shades together to get the perfect personal color! This can become your own custom shade, and the blend can take a day time shade and spice it up or take a dark shade and add some shimmer, giving you even more use out of your lipstick.
This years newest fall trend for lips is a natural looking pumpkin spice lip color. In this post we are going to show you how to get that look- and how to get a little extra use from some of your summer lipstick colors by blending them with others to make a beautiful pumpkin spice shimmer for your lips.
1. Build a base layer with your first lipstick, putting on multiple layers until your desired thickness. I started with 2 layers of GNO.
2. When blending it is best to wait 30 seconds before adding a second color. After each coat, rub lips together until you reach your desired blend. In the picture below I added two layers of Coral Reef ( one of my favorite colors for summertime) over top of GNO. By adding the two layers of coral reef I was able to get the reddish orange color I was looking for. If looking for more of a orange tent add an additional layer of coral reef.
3. To give it an extra pop, I also added a third coat of a different color. This was my final color! I decided to top my reddish-orange color with my favorite shimmer lipstick called 24K to create my own fun pumpkin spice shimmer lip color for fall!
4. When your blend is complete, use a towel, cotton swab or cloth to delicately wipe off the residual color on the second and third lipsticks – this way you can still use the lipstick on its own as well as in your blend.
5. Blow yourself a kiss in the mirror and enjoy your creamy, custom creation! Check back for more custom blends to come!
JUST RESTOCKED!!! Color The World’s RNR night cream
Here is what our fans have to say:
I bought RNR Night Cream because I love your lipsticks. This cream makes my face feel very soft. I love the natural ingredients in it! I would recommend it.