6 tips to start right now for healthy looking skin
Shouldn’t Skin Care Tips for Mature Women Focus on Healthy Skin, Not Younger Skin? Below we are going to focus on 6 tips for “healthy skin” at any age, instead of talking about how to get “younger looking skin”
1. Don’t Soak Too Long in the Tub I for one love my hot baths, it’s like a little escape for me and my favorite way to relax. But if you spend too long in the bathtub, you might be drying out your skin. If you love a long and leisurely bath, try using bath oil or lather on some body moisturizer after. The trick is to apply to your skin when it is still a little damp.
2. Protect Your Skin from the Sun Don’t fall into the idea of thinking that it is “too late” to start caring about sunblock. Did you know that sun damage is one of the leading causes of wrinkled, spotted skin? If possible try to limit your sun exposure by wearing sun screen, hats and sunglasses!
3. Hydration It's more important than ever now to drink lots of water. This will keep your skin from getting dehydrated. Which will give your skin a even healthy glow!
4. Wash Your Face Before Sleep Dry skin is one of the most common challenges for women over 60, because people’s skin tends to become drier as we lose oil glands when we get older. One of the best ways to reduce dry skin is to wash your face every night before bed with a very mild cleanser then follow by applying with a natural night cream to your neck and face.
5. If you smoke, give it up There are so many health benefits of giving up smoking besides healthier looking skin. ’Smoker's lines' are the vertical wrinkles around the mouth that come from pursing lips to draw on a cigarette over and over again.
6. Use Natural Skin Care Products Many skin care products are packed with chemicals and heavily processed ingredients. You can often get better results with natural skin care products. The same ingredients that can be healthy in the kitchen can also help you achieve healthier skin. Color The World’s Skin Care Line is formulated with all natural and organic ingredients that will leave your face feeling more hydrated and moisturized - while helping with wrinkle reduction.